Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Thinking and Reflecting

Lately I have been busy thinking about this issue. It all started one fine morning, when a question struck my mind, "Is the personality of a human being totally determined by his/her genes?" So I went up to CSEC, logged on to the Hypography Science Forums and posted the question "Do Biological organisms have extra chromosomal source of info?" It has turned out to be very interesting, especially so in the context of the developments in the past few days; I am referring to the reservations for OBC's in the IITs and IIM's etc. This issue came up after I had posted on this discussion for several days. So I connected the two and started pondering about the issue also. Is it neccessary that the children of the lower caste have less mental skills than those of the upper castes. The answer is a vehement NO, but then why is it so that statistically they have not succeeded as much. Well one factor could be the genes s/he is endowed with other factor can be economic status of the family and so on. I have posted several times on this issue, if you are interested you might as well visit the thread on Hypography.

Here I will limit myself to the thoughts that I have not posted on Hypography.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home