Thursday, March 30, 2006

The recent past

I have been a free bird, not limited by any daily office routine; an outsider, not being a part of any system. I browse the Net, do hypography (@ forums.hypography.con) read and edit at wiki, and occasionaly write a book or two. I call myself a science communicator with interest in science education.

This phase of my life began some five years ago. Before that I was a scientist fellow at the National Institute of Science Communication (presently it is called NISCAIR). At that time, I was associated with a science magazine called Science Reporter. I had to go to the office everyday, talk to its editor Biman Basu, and the associate editor Hasan Jawaid Khan, most of the time, and occasionaly, once in a month, produce an article or two for the magazine. I had a regular column in Science Reporter called Curiosity Corner, in which I used to answer several questions asked by teenaged science students, related to various facets of science. In fact I produced about thirty articles in this series on topics ranging from Energy to Brain through topics like 'sizes and shapes' etc. I enjoyed doing it! I also frequently wrote about computers for the non initiated. At that, PC's were a bit expensive and so was the internet connectivity, but many readers were interested to know more about them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home